Fixing Your Credit Report

Contrary to popular belief, it's possible to correct errors you may find on your credit report. The key is to act quickly, document everything and follow these tips:

  1. Contact the credit bureau regarding the error. By law, they have 30 days to investigate and respond to your complaint.
  2. If you're currently applying for a loan, inform your lender of the potential error. Let them know you're working to resolve the issue.
  3. Once the error has been corrected, ask the credit bureau to send an updated credit report to potential lenders. You can also request that updated credit reports are sent to anyone who requested a copy in the past six months.
  4. If the error cannot be resolved, file a statement with the credit bureau. Write a brief explanation (100 words or less) describing your dispute. This statement can be appended to your report at no charge.

Loan Stories
Dave and Sara saved more than 3.00% on their interest rate
> Howd they do it?
                   Bank with Us
Anyone living in Orange County,
Riverside County & Long Beach, CA
> Find a branch
$103,133,843 Interest borrowers have saved
by refinancing since Jan 2012
facebook mail